25 February 2010

signature fun

I used to wonder why smartphones inserted advertisements at the end of email messages: "Sent from my Motorola Q.", "Sent from my iPhone.", "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry." "Sent from my Palm Pre." Then I realized that it was an apology. One would look less curt with a short message or sloppy with a message with typos. Some correspondants even took took the opportunity for humor: "Sent from a mobile device with a small, cramped keyboard." "Message by E---. Typos by iPhone."

Could one take advantage of these signatures? Perhaps, by adding "Sent from a mobile device." to _all_ of one's emails, one could avoid ever seeming curt or sloppy. One would also seem exceptionally busy (for busy people are always handling email on the road) but still dedicated (for, when one does send a long message with lots of links, the recipient will be thrilled that one took so long to tap it out on an iPhone.)


Joe

--
Sent from a real computer.

3 comments:

  1. Your old, very dedicated phone is probably crying itself to sleep for having been replaced by a new phone constantly fingered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought that these type of messages are included to show off that a person owns a smart phone.But your blog made me change my mind and I agree that this may be a way to apologize for a short message for important things.
    e-sign act

    ReplyDelete

About Me

blog at barillari dot org Older posts at http://barillari.org/blog